Thursday, February 25, 2010
Last Week of One
I went to pick up the mail yesterday and realized that I haven't been appreciating every single minute with the girls the way that I did when they were first born. We have a community mailbox that is across the street, so I had the girls stand on a crack in the sidewalk on our side of the street and watch me as I crossed. Abby, our impish one, giggled and pranced away from the crack, and ran back when I looked back over my shoulder; Izzy, our German one, stayed with her foot on the line and yelled, "ABBY!" whenever her sister sneaked away. On my way back to them, the sun glinted off of their blonde hair and I realized how precious and fun and amazing they are... and realized, too, that lately, I've been so frustrated with our disrupted nap schedules and busy-ness with birthday preparations and other things that I haven't been just enjoying the girls. They are SO fun, and SO hilarious. So in these last few days of the girls being one (and in the whole rest of their lives) I'm working toward getting back to those days when I was more than content to sit there and watch them sleep :)
Little Gym is still, by far, our favorite activity. The girls are advancing by leaps and bounds with their skills, both on the equipment and in following directions. They're very attentive to Miss Karley, and they are incredible on the balance beam and rings. Today, GPa went with us and as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, they yelled, "Little Gym," and when GPa got her out of her seat, Izzy looked at him and said, "C'mon!" as she ran off down the sidewalk toward the door.
GPa is here! Hurray! He is painting our living room and entry way, and is doing an INCREDIBLE job. We decided that after three years, we really needed to get going on our decor, so GPa offered to come and paint in advance of the girls party. It's been a big project, and we are infinitely grateful! ESPECIALLY because we got to have a date night last night for Dan's birthday! Woo hoo! Happy birthday to Dad! He had a great day... the girls and I met him at work so that we could go to Denny's
and then after work, we got to have a grown-up dinner and movie! Wow! Who knew that eating in a restaurant could still be FUN?
GPa helped the girls with dinner and read them books and played cars... and had them tucked soundly into bed before we came home. Perfect :)
Izzy is VERY affectionate with Mike, who continues to respond with incredibly patient indifference. Rica typically runs away after they make contact, but Mike will stay there as they pull, push, and hug him.
SOOO, just three more days until the girls turn two! Enjoying every minute! :)


1 comment:
Congratulations to you, Nicci and Dan. And Happy Birthday Izzy and Abby!! Enjoy the celebration!
Deb
Post a Comment