We've been working hard to foster an understanding of what it means to truly be thankful, and to understand service and giving as part of who we are as a family and as Christians. We created two trees this month, one labeled "Thanks" and the other, "Giving" and each evening, we all glued on a leaf for each tree, labeled with something that we were thankful for, and with some act of love or service that we'd given that day. It was a really sweet tradition (that I "borrowed" from another mommy blog) that I'm excited to continue each year!
We also helped out with Thanksgiving boxes for several families in the area as well as for a group of single moms that I work with. The girls helped to assemble the boxes and we talked about how important it is to help people when they need help and to always give to others. I'm not sure how much they understand, but we're hoping that we're laying a foundation of service that will stay with them as they get older.
No comments:
Post a Comment