Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wall Phones

We've been telling the girls about things that were different when we were kids, like corded phones vs. mobile phones and walking six miles to school in blizzards.  (Just kidding on the latter :)

When we ran out of bread the other day, Dan grabbed some from CVS on his way home and got white bread instead of the whole grain variety that we usually get, so today, I made PBJs with it and told them that when we were kids, that was the best meal ever, PBJ on soft white bread, mmm.  It made their minds start thinking about the phones, and they started peppering me with questions about who, exactly, I talked to when I talked on the phones that were attached to the wall.

I answered as well as I could, but was unable to keep a straight face when Izzy asked if we had to squat down when we talked on wall phones.  Apparently, she thought that they plugged into regular wall outlets, which, in our house, are all down close to the ground.

Love how they keep us laughing!

No comments: