Dan and the girls outdid themselves this year, giving me a perfect, fun-filled Mother's Day weekend! Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all of the moms out there in Abby&Izzy readership-land!
We started out the weekend in Pearland, joining the Morrises and their friends Matt, June, and Rivers at the Concert in the Park. The girls loved the music (though try as I might, I haven't been able to capture their moves on video yet), and got pretty silly when the clock crept up to and past bedtime. They're just brave enough to run around and be cute, but so far, they don't run too far away, which is a relief. Soon, though, I fear I'll be purchasing some dreaded kid-leashes...
The girls let us know that it was getting to be time to go when they lay down on the blanket and started a tug-o-war over Dog... :)
The girls still LOVE having their Dad home on the weekends. In the picture, they're sitting in their chairs, watching Dad mow the lawn and clapping and giggling whenever he comes into view. I'm not sure why I don't rate as much excitement, but I'm glad that they love their Daddy so much :)
We spent most of Saturday doing yard work, which is a lot of fun for me. I'm not a BIG fan of weeding, but I LOVE having a pretty haven outside, and since we spend SO much time out there, it's well worth all of the work we put into it! While I weeded, Dan watched the girls in their pool. They love blowing bubbles and "floating" with support, which bodes well for our swimming lesson plans for the summer!
We rounded out the day with a trip to Chik-fil-a. The girls are so big now that they can eat a kids meal (though they still share one) and drink their milk out of real cups. It's very exciting. They're looking forward to the day when Mom will let them play in the crazy playyard :)
The girls still LOVE having their Dad home on the weekends. In the picture, they're sitting in their chairs, watching Dad mow the lawn and clapping and giggling whenever he comes into view. I'm not sure why I don't rate as much excitement, but I'm glad that they love their Daddy so much :)
We spent most of Saturday doing yard work, which is a lot of fun for me. I'm not a BIG fan of weeding, but I LOVE having a pretty haven outside, and since we spend SO much time out there, it's well worth all of the work we put into it! While I weeded, Dan watched the girls in their pool. They love blowing bubbles and "floating" with support, which bodes well for our swimming lesson plans for the summer!
We rounded out the day with a trip to Chik-fil-a. The girls are so big now that they can eat a kids meal (though they still share one) and drink their milk out of real cups. It's very exciting. They're looking forward to the day when Mom will let them play in the crazy playyard :)
Dan got me some cake balls for Mother's Day, so the day started out VERY sweet, and then just continued to be perfect throughout! We had a precious baby dedication at church, and then came home to let the girls nap while I got some tropical plants for our front yard landscape project (my other Mother's Day present). And then, of course, we went to the beach!
We were planning to just go down, grab a burger at my favorite Seawall restaurant, and then take a walk on the beach, because I got a little too much sun on my back on Saturday... but the girls had different plans, making a giggling beeline for the water as soon as their feet hit the sand.
They're very brave, but clearly have limits about how far they'll go out in the water. It's fun to see them remember things from past trips to the beach. It seems like everything at the beach makes them laugh, from the waves to the seagulls.
Sitting in the waves is sort of like sitting in the swings... they seem to LOVE it, but they kind of get a little catatonic. It's a bit creepy...
But not as creepy as stumbling across (not literally) one of these on an afternoon stroll on the beach...
It's a Portugese Man o'War, which is sort of like a jellyfish (the marine biologist in me has to point out that it's actually a colony of highly specialized individuals) and has a HORRIBLE sting. It's not really dangerous unless it elicits an allergic response, but they usually swarm, which means that if there's one, there's probably a gazillion. We saw three, and one rushed up just past Abby, so we got out of there. Still, they're pretty and it was kind of cool to see it, since it didn't sting anyone :)
Happy Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment