Last weekend was jam-packed with excitement... on Saturday, we went to Nathaniel's first birthday party at the park! We had a lot of fun playing on the "big kid" playground... I can't believe how brave and adept at climbing the girls are now. The fearlessness gives me some nervous moments, but I'm pretty proud of them!
On Sunday, we got to visit with Brandon's family from Montana, which was a lot of fun! Abby is starting to show a little bit of stranger anxiety and got a little weepy when Mr. Morris said hi, but, while saying our goodbyes, Izzy lunged out of my arms and into his, apparently not ready to leave :)
The girls are still very attached to their transitional objects. We tried to help Izzy say "Lambie" by emphasizing the "le-le-le" sound at the beginning, and that has become Lambie's new name... Lelele. I can now say, "let's go take a nap!" and the girls will look around, grab Dog and Lambie, and head for their bedroom. Abby fusses a little when I leave the room, but overall, they seem to love sleeping as much as their Mom and Dad do. Ahh, sweet blessings.
Reading is still a big favorite activity, although it's becoming a competiton sometimes. The girls know that I (almost) never say no to reading, so they both come at my lap with books and try to edge each other out. If one is already in my lap, the other tries to slip in behind them. It's mostly funny, but it makes me feel like I'm not giving either of them enough attention. I suppose that's something that all moms of siblings go through, not just moms of multiples...
Izzy is starting to get time-outs several times a day, mostly because she steals things from her sister, but also because she seems to like to push her limits. We thought she was going to be an easy case in terms of discipline, because when she first learned the word "no," it made her cry, but it doesn't seem to phase her these days... Abby is pretty good about walking away from whatever she's not allowed to touch... she knows "forbidden" items, like the diaper pail, the toilet, and the garbage can, and she's not afraid to go up to them initially, but as soon as she gets there, she looks at me or Dan, we say, "No, Abby," and she walks away. Sometimes, it just takes a stern look and she's gone. I'm not holding my breath that it will always be this easy, but it is refreshing to not be constantly fighting with both of them!
The girls are walking much faster these days... Abby almost gets to a trot occasionally if she's very excited. We're giving them more (closely supervised) freedom in the house, and they love exploring all of the rooms.
The girls LOVE playing "Jump'n'Jungle" on the furniture. It's a special treat, because it makes Mom and Dad nervous, but they love to bounce and run around and throw themselves down. They giggle together and "tickle" and kick and just basically have fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment