I almost forgot to tell of our excitement during the ultrasound...
All of the pregnancy books warn about sleeping on your back, because the weight of the uterus can compress the Inferior Vena Cava, which drains the bottom half of the body. I've always thought it was a little paranoid, but I didn't worry about it because I sleep on my side anyway. BUT, during the ultrasound, I was, by necessity, laying on my back.
We had almost gotten through all of the measurements for Baby Abigail when I started to feel a little funky. The tech was looking at the heart and I started squirming a little, so he asked if I was OK. I said I was, but suggested that I might need to sit up for a little while between the babies. So, he kept measuring, but then I started feeling REALLY bad and getting all clammy and lightheaded. I flipped onto my side for a few minutes and all was well, but it was a little disconcerting! It's a little funny to feel so wobbly, but I asked if we could tilt the back of the table up a little so I was more reclining than laying on my back, and that helped us get through Isabel(le)'s measurements :)
Moral of the story... listen to the pregnancy book consensus :)
1 comment:
I think you should keep the spelling Isabel(le) !!
Post a Comment