Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas with the Schoobs


The Schoobs came down from icy Illinois for the week of Christmas, to our delight. From left to right, this is Chelle (my middle sis), Mom, me, Dad, and Casey (little sis). Casey's boyfriend Ben also came in late on Christmas night. It was so nice to finally meet him!

We had a wonderful time, although it became VERY apparent to me that I am VERY pregnant! I don't think that I really realized how much I CAN'T do now. We went to the Lone Star Flight Museum with my dad on Thursday, and although it's a pretty small museum, I was COMPLETELY wiped out for the day and had to make use of the benches in the Texas Flight Hall of Fame. It was pretty frustrating, but everyone was very accommodating, and we got to spend a lot of quality time together.

Mom and Dad got the twins their cribs while they were here. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Since Chelle and Casey slept in the nursery on a futon which will not normally be there, the picture is just of one crib, since the room setup is not what it will be later. They look fabulous in the room, though, and we couldn't be happier with them! Dan, Dad, and Chelle spent several hours putting them all together, so a big thank you to them!
The beautiful receiving blankets were made and given to us by my sweet friend from work at TAMUG, Eddie Penuel. She and her husband Vic taught the intensive English portion of the Korean exchange program that I help to coordinate each summer. They have twin nieces and have been SO sweet and supportive throughout our pregnancy!

Just before Christmas, one of the BAMOMs (Bay Area Mothers of Multiples) was cleaning out her twin girls' "equipment" that they'd outgrown to make room for her relatives, so we got a tandem stroller and a swing as well. I'll post pictures of those in the next post :)

No comments: