Saturday, March 20, 2010

Flat Stanley

Flat Stanley is visiting us this month and next! We're very excited to be hosting him! Our friend Mark, who lives in Illinois, read the book Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown with his class at school. It's a story about a boy named Stanley Lambchop who is flattened (but not hurt) when a bulletin board falls on him at night. In the book, he gets to visit a friend in California, and this spring, Mark sent him to us for a visit!

Stanley came at the perfect time of year! The Galveston County Fair and Rodeo is coming up soon, and he'll be here when the bluebonnets bloom. We'll take him down to the beach if the weather ever cooperates! :)

Today, we introduced him to Moody Gardens.



He got to see the rays right at feeding time, which made them pretty feisty!



There was a diver warding off sharks with a big white T-shaped pole while the other diver fed the fish in the big tank. A little boy standing next to us exclaimed, "This is the coolest thing I've EVER seen!"



The seals were really active... the picture is a little dark, but there is a seal swimming by right above Izzy's head.



We also got to take silly pictures of Stanley and Izzy pretending to be tree frogs.




We hope that Stanley has a great time while he's here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting the pictures up so I can see them! I hope Stanley has a fun time. I wish I got to do everything Stanley is getting to do! Love, Mark