Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sick


The girls picked up a tummy bug and we've all been pretty miserable.  Shortly after I snapped this picture, Abby looked at me and asked, "Mom, are my white blood cells attacking the germs that are making me sick?"

Yes, Abby, they are! And thank you, Magic School Bus for opening that conversation! Sometimes, it's pretty amazing how easy teaching and learning can be!


The Endeavor stopped by the Johnson Space Center before heading on to its new home in California.  The flyover was pretty incredible.  I was freaking out to get the girls out of their sick beds to go outside to watch, and after they saw it, I overheard them discussing their plans to become astronauts and go into space on "the spaceship." I know that the greater Houston area is collectively sad and not a little offended that we won't have a shuttle here, but it was pretty incredible to get to see it fly over from our own backyard.

We're all on the mend now, moving a little slower than normal, but sure to be all healthy soon!


No comments: