We might be in for our first hurricane! Tropical Storm Edouard formed off the coast of Louisiana, and it's headed west, over the warm Gulf waters, which favor intensification. BUT, no one seems to think that it will be more than a Category 1, if it even becomes a hurricane, so it's more exciting than scary. Our preparations include me calling Dan a million times today to ask if he thought we should get more water, and him saying that if it came to needing water, we'd have a lot more worries than a few gallons of water could solve. Fair enough.
In any case, most of the models have Edouard headed straight toward Galveston, hitting in the morning, sometime after 7 AM. Texas A&M at Galveston, where I used to work, closed at noon today and will stay closed through tomorrow, and Dan's company sent employees home today at 3; they don't plan to open until at least noon tomorrow. SOOO, people are taking it seriously. We'll let you know how we fare!
The girls have been pretty fussy today. Part of the problem is that their sleep keeps getting interrupted by themselves rolling onto their tummies. It's an exciting milestone, but it's making us all a little crabby. They get onto their bellies, realize that their having the dreaded tummy time, and FREAK OUT, usually too much to be conducive to getting back to sleep. Ugh. Even as I'm sitting her blogging, I had to pause to rescue Izzy, who not only was on her tummy, but also had her leg through a slat in the crib. Argh.
I had a cute picture of the girls in their denim jumpers to add to this post, but blogger is not cooperating, so I'll post it later.
1 comment:
So last night I overhear Tessa saying to Mark, "Well, do you want to be Iggy or do you want to be Addy (as she calls them)?" in an attempt to get him to play babies. She also told us Sunday that in her church class she prayed for our babies in Ethiopia because Iggy and Addy made her think of them even if our babies might already be kids. You have some big fans here in Melton-land!!!
Post a Comment