The girls are getting to be "big girls" so quickly! They're both crawling... FAST everywhere, and we're starting to have to really think about "discipline," since they're constantly trying to play with things that they ought not... books on the bookshelves, catalogs, cameras, cell phones.. you name it... if it's in their eyeline, they want it! I catch myself saying "NO" so often that I'm looking for alternatives. Luckily, they are VERY easily distracted at this point :)
We're planning to get a little playyard-gate-type thing sometime soon, just so that they stop getting so mad at me when I tell them they're too little for chapter books.
Abby is pulling herself up on everything, and seems to have no fear of things falling on top of her. Luckily, she has Mom and Dad, who do the worrying for her. In the video below, she's trying and trying to pull herself up higher on the play kitchen... crazy baby...
Abby still refuses to say "momma," and in fact, says "Dadadada" whenever I try to get her to say Mom. Hmph. She is rubbing salt in my wounds in the video below, as she has identified the other members of our family by name. Grr. (Note: this really IS a different word than Dadada)
The girls are both happily eating baby food, and we're starting them on table food from time to time. They love Cheerios, as might be expected, and mashed potatoes are a hit.
We are having an incredible time with them in this phase of super-fast development. I can't believe we're gearing up for our first holiday season with the girls! We are so, so incredibly blessed to have them here.
We are having an incredible time with them in this phase of super-fast development. I can't believe we're gearing up for our first holiday season with the girls! We are so, so incredibly blessed to have them here.
1 comment:
I love how Mike is all, "It's CAT, not dat, baby. I'm ignoring you until you get it right." What a snob! :)
Post a Comment