Tuesday, November 25, 2008

U of I





Abby and Izzy have had a fun-filled trip so far! They are learning to climb stairs... Chickigram and GPa have a sunken living room which we hoped to use to corral the girls in and keep the dogs out... but the girls rapidly learned to climb the two stairs into the kitchen... with much supervision. :)



The girls have had a VERY fun time with the pets. They laugh and giggle and play with their tags on their collars. Molly, the beagle, is not incredibly excited about playing with the twins, but Daisy, the puggle, seems to love the attention. Gabriel gives the girls a cat fix occasionally, but isn't altogether excited about their grabbing hands.








We were really excited to get to go to Urbana to visit friends from work and church on Monday. I worked at U of I from 1997 until 2006, and going back was sort of like going back home. It was SO good to see everyone, and they seemed pretty happy to get to meet the girls. The girls sat in the "cheater chairs" and pretended that they were students who couldn't understand how they'd been caught for plagiarism. :) They're very hopeful that our friends from work will come to visit us down in Texas sometime very soon!




Nick and Alejandra with Abby and Izzy.

The girls are getting better and better at eating, but mealtime at their grandparents' is full of distractions. They're using GPa's old high chair, and one that clips on to the table. They are pretty hysterical, finding it pretty hard to focus with dogs barking and people talking.



There is a big sliding glass door looking out into the back yard, and the girls are having a fun time looking out, and feeling the cold (COLD) glass :) We had 6 deer back there yesterday, nibbling at the ivy. Pretty exciting!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nic, Jim does have plans for us tonight, so let me know about the other times I messaged you about. I can't get into Facebook at work, so I'm hoping you happen to check here. See you soon!