Friday, November 6, 2009

Animals



We took a trip to Moody Gardens on Saturday, and on our way out, happened upon a luna moth on our front doorstep. Izzy was captivated, despite her aversion to bugs... Abby seemed nonplussed.



We had a great time at the Aquarium, although the girls were much more interested in the bars, benches, and free spaces than the exhibits themselves. I think they miss Little Gym :)










The weather this week has been OUTSTANDING! We've been playing on the playset every day, sometimes in both the morning and afternoon, and today, we met up with Jennifer, Landon, and Keaton for a fun and crazy zoo trip!



The girls were more interested in the other kids than in the yawning lion, alas.



Landon was a super-cute caretaker once I let the girls out of their stroller, insisting that they hold his hand as we walked between animals :) Izzy thought that it was a grand idea, and Abby warmed up to it once she saw that it seemed safe...



Climbing and open spaces were, again, a big part of the excitement...





Dan was amused to find me reading while cooking dinner the other day and took a picture, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to plug Three Cups of Tea, which is about Greg Mortenson (2009 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee), who builds schools in Central Asia for very poor villages. It's INCREDIBLY inspiring.


1 comment:

Sybil said...

The pics with Landon are too cute!!! (Nate is jealous!)