Monday, November 9, 2009

Great Grandpa Schoob!



We had an incredible whirlwind visit with Great Grandpa Schoob, Great-Aunt Janine, Great-Uncle Bob, and 2nd cousin Rhoda! (Great Grandpa gets the title mention because he's the patriarch :) My Grandpa has been taking a tour of his out-of-state grandkids' homes... he spent last week in Arizona visiting my cousins Jonathan, Matthew, and Janine (and their amazing spouses) and Aunt Kathy and Uncle Russ, and then this week in Dallas, with Steven and Rhoda. They drove down last night and spent the day with us today!

The girls were full of energy last night, running around and around the playroom and kitchen, and playing peek-a-boo with Great Grandpa :)



Today, we boarded the Tallship Elissa and let the girls run wild. They had a very good time, except for a moment of questionable parenting when Abby bonked her head into a steel part of the boat WHILE I was holding her hand. I can't explain it, but the bruise is there, nonetheless. Argh.

Abby enjoyed driving the boat...





The girls had free run of the deck for a while.



And had a fun time digging in the pantry.



Abby was quick to point out the birds and the flags whenever they caught her eye.


After touring the Elissa, we waited for our Harbor Tour to begin!



We saw LOTS of dolphins, jumping and playing right next to the boat. The girls were thrilled, squeaking and chirping and jumping up and down on their benches. (I couldn't take pictures of the excitement due to my maternal desire to keep the girls from falling/jumping into the water :)

Great Grandpa got to drive the boat for a bit!



He was pretty excited about the myriad ships that our little harbor hosts at any given moment.

We were thrilled to get to see our Illinois family and hope that they visit again soon! (We also hope that they share some more of the pictures that were taken this weekend! :)

1 comment:

Jeane said...

Those curls... they are just way too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know those moments when your child gets hurt even though you were right there with them. Joe was holding Olivia one time (she was about a year old) outside in the grass and she was pushing herself to get down. She pushed so hard that she actually got free and flipped backwards out of his hands onto the grass. I am SO glad I didn't see it, I would have been so scared.

Glad to hear you all had such a great visit!