Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Croup



Izzy has the croup :(

Last night, she was feeling pretty warm and having an infrequent cough, but by 2:30 AM, the fever had gone up to 103 and the cough was a little worse. This morning, her fever was still high, and by mid-morning, she was wheezing and barking, so we brought her into the clinic and determined that it was croup. Unfortunately, there's no medicine for it unless it gets really severe (in which case, she'd get a shot of steroids). SO, we're just sitting with her in the steamy bathroom when it gets worse. She's pretty sad and snuggly when her fever goes up, but the Motrin seems to perk her up pretty well. We made a "sick bed" for her on the couch in the playroom, and she and Abby have been having fun with that during the "low fever" moments. I'm exhausted, probably more from the stress of not knowing if I'm doing everything right than from being up in the middle of the night, but I think (hope) we're over the worst of it.... and we're praying that Abby is miraculously spared...

On a lighter note, before the fever struck last night, the girls were having fun on their ride-on toy. They are so silly!

2 comments:

chellebird said...

Aw, poor baby! And you too. Rest assured knowing you are at the very least doing the "sick bed" exactly right. It looks like exactly what I'd want if I were feeling poorly.

Anonymous said...

Just think what a wonderful Wedding video you are going to have for these babies when they get married. All of these fabulous pictures!
Love ya,
Chicki