Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Picnic at the Park
We have been LOVING the slightly cooler weather, although our girls (and their mom, if I'm honest) are so thin-skinned that the 75 degree evenings have become entirely jacket-worthy.
The Yancys invited us to a picnic at the park, and we jumped at the opportunity! The girls were a little hard to convince that picnics could happen outside anywhere, not just the beach, but once they saw the playground equipment, the propriety of the situation ceased to matter.
The girls ate their meatloaf (Meat Obert) sandwiches and apple slices, and then played with Nate until the sun went down... and until Abby fell and bonked her head, stressing out Mom, but showing no signs of a concussion... so alls well that ends well.
This picture is from earlier in the day. I've been clearing out our flower beds (which I let get VERY out of control), so the girls weren't getting my full attention. They climbed up the pirate's latter and yelled, "Mommy, look at me!!" in stereo. Stinkers.

No comments:
Post a Comment