Saturday, July 14, 2012

Terracotta Warriors


We love the Houston Museum of Natural Science! I'll admit to being a pretty big museum snob when we first arrived in Texas.  I was used to Chicago museums, which are spectacular, and the HMNS paled by those standards six years ago.  A recent dinosaur exhibit update and some pretty great special exhibits have changed my tune and it's now one of our favorites!

We got a Living Social deal to see the Warriors, Tombs, and Temples exhibit, so we checked out some books from the library to prep the girls.  As it turns out, I know next to nothing about ancient China, so the books were pretty fascinating to me as well.  The exhibit was incredible, seeing how painstakingly detailed the warriors were... amazing!


The new dinosaur wing is phenomenal! It was a little crowded and overwhelming, so I made a mental note to get some books about dinosaurs and to go back on a weekday when we can really take our time getting to know the dinosaurs.  But they've done an incredible job with it all!


No comments: