Saturday, October 6, 2007

Babies at the Beach




I'm ashamed to admit it, but today is the first day that we took the twins to the beach. We had an unusually rainy summer (I think it literally rained every day in July), and then I was just too sick to think about leaving the house, much less driving down to Galveston!

The Galveston library had a book sale today, and we took a nice little stroll on the beach after stocking up on some picture books (and a few good reads for Mom). We brought a blanket and sat and watched the dogs and kids playing in the surf. I get winded after about 1/2 a block these days... it's hard to tell whether it's a result of laying around for the past two months, or a normal pregnancy symptom. Another question for the doctor on Thursday!

Other than the breathlessness, I'm feeling a lot better lately. My friend Sybil, who conveniently lives in our neighborhood, is also pregnant, so we're planning to start walking together in the evenings a few times a week, now that I don't have to bring a barf bag :) And there is a YMCA opening up down the street this month, so I'm hoping to join a water aerobics class, or at least start swimming laps. I ordered my first maternity swim suit, which was fun.

That about wraps up our fun day... time for Mom and babies to take a nap :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

umm nicci as your sister i feel as if i can tell you this...it seems as if you are gaining a bit of weight maybe you should do more than just walk a few evenings a week...i know everyone on this thing is telling you that you look great but that is my honest opinion =) love youuuuuuu =)
-the soon to be not youngest in the family

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicci,
Don't listen to her, she's just jealous of the twins:) You still look great, and I hope you're feeling better every day too. Speaking of jealousy, I am sooo mad you guys got to go to the beach while I had to look at snow! Oh well, maybe the twins got a tan.
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Be sure you disinfect those books before my grandbabies touch them.