Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Nursery

We picked a theme for our nursery quite a while ago...Noah's Ark...but we've had a hard time finding a border that we liked. I came across one the other day that we really love, and I ordered it today. Looks like we're getting serious about getting ready for our girls!


There's a little more to the border underneath the rainbow, but the image on that site wasn't easy to copy, and this gives the idea. I figure I'm going to spend a lot of time nursing in the nursery, so this one will give my eyes some visual stimulation! It reminds me of a Graeme Base book.

We're planning to put the border in the middle of the room, sort of "chair rail" height, and paint the bottom a chocolate milkshake color to match the light part of the ark, and the top a light green to match the grassy knoll that the turtles are playing on next to the polar bear. I can't believe that I haven't gone all pink-and-frilly crazy, but I'm really excited about this plan.

Our next step is to make plans for cribs, furniture, and other baby accoutrements. I'm wondering if you can comment or email me and let me know what sorts of things you LOVED and what sorts of things were not worth it. I'm working with a "Big Sis" from the local Mothers of Multiples group to find out what sorts of things we need to think about with twins, but advice from friends and family is probably going to carry the most weight with me!

Our next doctor's appointment is tomorrow! I'm going to bring our camera to see if I can take a video when she listens to the heartbeats so that I can post it for you all to hear! I hope that it works!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nic,

That is so cute, I think it will look great. And you'll be glad you didn't go all pink and frilly, that can get out of control. Sorry I haven't emailed you back yet, Jon and I are trying to pool our thoughts and give you a good list of needs and no needs. But for now, as long as you mentioned furniture, the cribs with the changing table and drawers attached are really nice and space saving. I didn't have one, but our friends did and they love it. Okay, gotta go make a living. Love you all, tell the girls hi for me.