It appears that Squirmy Twin B is also a girl! Our level II ultrasound went very well, aside from the medical student who came in to observe and ended up checking his email part way through. To be fair, it was about 90 minutes, but seriously? Oh well! Our US tech was REALLY good, and the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM)doctor that came in to talk to us at the end about the results was nice. It looks like Baby A has a Choroid Plexus Cyst, which is probably nothing to worry about, but we're going to keep our eye on it. The Choroid Plexus is a structure in the brain that makes the fluid that bathes the tissues in the brain. It's pretty spongy tissue, and sometimes, the fluid builds up in the "sponginess" and creates a little blister of sorts. The MFM said that most of the time they resolve themselves, but that there's a very loose connection between CPCs and some chromosomal problems. She offered to let us see a genetic counselor, and/or to get an amniocentesis, but we'd already ruled out getting an amnio because of the risk of miscarriage (to both twins), and since the risk is really low, we're just going to wait it out. Looking into it briefly online, I'm not very worried, since the rest of the organs, bones, and structures all looked developmentally on target.... but we would appreciate lots of prayers for both babies :)
And now for the main attraction... the pictures! Again, I've decided that the picture detailing the female-ness of the twins is inappropriate, but we do have a confirming photo :) The faces pictures are a little creepy, since the ultrasound sees through the facial tissue and most of what we're seeing is skull. But we think they're beautiful. All in all, a great morning!



4 comments:
I'm so excited that you're having two girls! And I love the blog! I'm not sure when I first felt Jack kicking, but the first time Mike felt him kick was around 22 weeks. And I remember he was always the most active after I drank orange juice.
Nicci- woohooo- women power!!! Dan- a house full of women sounds like fun times for you!! The entire RGSO is very excited for you both!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! peggy
ps- email boy is an arse to the nth degree!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!! We are kind of partial to girls! And even though Dan might think this is a bit overwhelming, Frank really enjoyed having girls. That is, until they got into high school!
I think I felt all of the girls around 16 weeks, though it's a little difficult to recognize at first. It felt like there were little carbonation bubbles rising along my belly. It was actually them! But if you aren't quiet and laying still, it will be easy to miss at first. It will come! Enjoy!
Love, Deb
Post a Comment