When I was little, I read a book in which the protagonist's name was Aurora, and I decided that would be my first daughter's name. Now, I can't even remember what book it was... I always thought it was "The Girl with the Silver Eyes," but her name is Katie. Plus, the thrill of the name has passed. Alas.
Then, before I was even married, I decided that if I had two daughters, I'd name them Corrinne and Cordelia. I brought this up with Dan during our courtship and he promised that if we had TWIN girls, we could use those names, even though he thought Cordelia was a bit pretentious.
Imagine my dismay when he reneged on his promise! :)
We did finally come to an agreement on girls' names quite a while ago. It was actually quite a blessing that we have two girls, since I'm not sure we would ever have found a mutually acceptable boy's name!
The names are Abigail and Isabel(le). Our quandary now is how to spell the latter. One of us prefers Isabel and one prefers Isabelle. We would love to get your vote in the poll to the left :)
We'll call the girls Abby and Izzy. We DO agree on the spelling of the nicknames, although Mom S has some other ideas :)
9 comments:
Nicci
I think the girls' names are great! I wanted to let you know that Dr. Kuhns had a baby girl. Her name is Anna.
Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy. We miss you guys!
Elizabeth
ISABELLE = IS A BELLE = IS A BEAUTY :) think about it- peg
Nicci,
You look great! And the nursery turned out so nice!
Great names! Shall we look for Abigail Corrinne and Isabel(le) Cordelia?
Just keep telling Dan that the backrubs are for the babies!
Deb
No, we should not look for Abigail Corrine and Isabel Cordelia nor should be look for Abigail Cordelia and Isabel Corinne. No. We should not do that. Bad Deb, bad.
Don't try to get me to say which of us prefers which spelling. On a completely unrelated topic, anyone that changes their vote from Isabelle to Isabel will be entered into a drawing for the rights to assign Izzy's middle name.
Just name them both Jessie, that will solve you problem.
Just kidding. I had the same thought about Isabelle, since belle means beautiful.
Okay Dan. Sorry!
Just thought the names might be more acceptable as middle names. You are doing great though! Frank wouldn't even discuss names until the girls were about seven months along! Talk about frustrating!
I look forward to the middle name reveal when you get there!
Love,
Deb
I love the names Abbi and Izzi.
Love,
Chicki
I like the Abigail Corrine, Isabelle Cordelia idea. Then you can call them ABICOR and ISACOR. Very Germanic or Industrial - could even be boys names if the ultra sound tech is incompetant.
Post a Comment