Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Safe and Sound



Our Rica is home!!

We picked her up at the shelter this morning, and all is well. She doesn't seem to have missed a beat, and we are SOOO happy to have her back under our roof. We got a call late last night from the manager of the shelter who happened to see our "missing" ad on craigslist.com; she let me know that Rica had been placed with a foster mom because she had a little bit of a sunburn, and they didn't want her to get sick in the kennel. That was a big relief, because even though I knew she'd be safe in the shelter, I was a little worried that she would be sad without her blanket :)

In any case, her foster mom brought her in this morning, and we picked her up without further ado! Hurray!!!



In Abby and Izzy news... Abby continues to be an eating champ and LOVES rice cereal. We introduced baby-food peas tonight, and she's not as big of a fan. Izzy, however, who has been really struggling to keep the rice cereal in her mouth, LOVES peas and couldn't get enough. Dan had to leave partway through the feeding session, leaving me with two insatiable babies! They're very cute and hilarious about mealtimes these days, although it's hard to capture the cuteness while shoveling food into their mouths :)

Abby also rolled over today! Wow!!! We haven't been able to replicate the action, so it doesn't really "count" yet, but it was pretty exciting! I put her down for some tummy time and was setting Izzy down beside her, when I realized that she was off the blanket and on her back. Crazy! We were really surprised, because Izzy has been rolling up on her side pretty regularly, and we assumed that she would be the first. Full of surprises, these girls.

More pictures soon... we have a few from our trip to the San Jacinto monument, but they're on Chickigram's camera, so I'll get them downloaded as soon as I can.

2 comments:

chellebird said...

Hooray! I'm so glad she's home and safe.
Can you put aloe on a cat? :)

Anonymous said...

YAY... I'm so happy to hear that she is back home with you.

Congrats on the rolling over. Now the fun begins ;)

I'm really impressed how good your girls are eating their solids. I tried to give solids to Olivia and she still won't eat it (and she is 9 months now). I tried cereal, veggies and even fruits (which I thought she would like since it was so sweet) but she just won't eat it and spits it right back out at me ;)