Right now, the girls are taking three 1-hour naps after spurts of being awake for various amounts of time. They used to take a short morning nap and then a long three-hour nap from 2-5. I MISS THAT NAP!!!! I LOVE playing with the girls, but this spurting nap thing means that they're getting really cranky a lot more often, and that's no fun for any of us! Plus, it's really hard to get any work done in the 1-hour nap increments... it's hard to even just take a shower and get ready for the day! Oh well. We'll keep you posted on how this family drama plays out :)
Izzy officially sat up by herself in her crib yesterday. She doesn't do it all the time (sit up from a supine position), but it's exciting to know that she can! The girls are getting cuter day by day and they're a lot more interactive, with us and with each other. It's really fun to watch them talking to each other... in the mornings, I clean up the breakfast dishes while they play making choices, and it's fun to see how they interact when I'm removed from the action and just watching from the kitchen bar. I haven't been able to capture good video of this type of thing, because they always see me with the camera... I'll keep trying.
The Master Gardeners of Galveston County are having a class on growing citrus trees in this area in November. I'm pretty excited about it; our plan is to replace the shade tree with two citrus trees, which we'd like to plant on the girls' 1st birthday, as long as spring is an appropriate time to plant them around here... guess I'll find out soon!
In family news, my cousin Christy just had her first baby, Graciella Rose! Ella was born very early, at just 26 weeks, and she weighs only a pound. She's at the NICU in San Antonio, and we're all praying very hard that she overcomes all the preemie issues soon and gets to go home with Christy and Aaron as soon as possible. Please keep them all in your prayers... welcome to the family, Ella!
The Master Gardeners of Galveston County are having a class on growing citrus trees in this area in November. I'm pretty excited about it; our plan is to replace the shade tree with two citrus trees, which we'd like to plant on the girls' 1st birthday, as long as spring is an appropriate time to plant them around here... guess I'll find out soon!
In family news, my cousin Christy just had her first baby, Graciella Rose! Ella was born very early, at just 26 weeks, and she weighs only a pound. She's at the NICU in San Antonio, and we're all praying very hard that she overcomes all the preemie issues soon and gets to go home with Christy and Aaron as soon as possible. Please keep them all in your prayers... welcome to the family, Ella!
1 comment:
i love the giant hats =)
Post a Comment