Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fun with Aunt Casey



The girls continue to love the backyard. They're getting better and better at drinking from cups, and we're down to just one nursing session per day now. It's been a pretty uneventful transition, which is a blessing!



The girls LOVE climbing. I encourage it because they love it so much, and I know it's a good learning exercise, but it's making me NERVOUS! It's kind of fun to watch them work and work and then witness their joyous smiles when they get on top of something. It's just hard to help them find their limits, i.e., NOT to climb all the way on top of the picnic table, but rather stop at the bench. It's only the beginning, I know...



We started our art lessons this week :) The girls got their first crayons. They think they're tasty. They were a little distracted by their Aunt Casey, so we'll try again soon and post their early masterpieces ...





Yes, Casey is here! We spent her first full day at the beach of course, and it was a true Chamber of Commerce day. The weather was perfect (low 80s and sunny), and the beaches are looking great! They're in the midst of a huge renourishment plan, which basically means that LOTS of dump trucks are dumping tons and tons of sand all along the seawall. The beaches are prettier than I've ever seen them!



The girls LOVE the beach. We took them down to the shoreline, which gave Abby the giggles, except when the sand started to swallow her feet. The chilly water made her shiver, but laugh. Izzy approached the ocean with a little more trepidation and clung to Mom and Aunt Casey pretty tightly, but she was THRILLED by all of the birds and really liked playing in the sand. We are going to have SO much fun this summer!





We all slathered on the sunscreen, and I'm trying and trying to get the girls to wear their hats and sunglasses. They're becoming a little more of a novelty now, but that means that they want to put them on and take them off a million times, rather than just wear them. Slowly, I'll wear them down. (I hear all the seasoned moms laughing at me....)



We ate at one of our favorite seafood restaurants, appropriately named Casey's, for lunch, and then took a nice walk along the seawall in our new jogging stroller. All in all, a perfect day!


No comments: