We had a brush with disaster earlier this week when Izzy got overtired one night and decided that she wanted to sleep with Dog, Abby's special animal. It was an evening wrought with tears, screaming, and just general havoc. The next day, I got busy "helping" Izzy to remember her fondness for Orca, and I think that we're all MUCH happier now that she has her own security object :) You'll notice in the video that she does know that Dog is Abby's... it doesn't stop her from stealing it once in a while, and Abby's been known to nab Orca from time to time, but overall, we have peace in the Obert home :)
The girls are walking really well now; they can make it from their bedroom to the kitchen, and can stop and pick up objects and stand back up. We still have a lot of tumbles, but most of the time, they hop back up and keep going without missing a beat. It's lots and lots of fun to watch.
The girls are still refusing to say Mama. Abby is getting closer to saying Izzy, although most of the time, she (Abby) just beats on Izzy's head and says Dada, which much of the time just means "other person," but at 5:15 when Dan gets home DEFINITELY means Daddy. I think not saying Mama is just plain rude, but whatever. They CAN say it, and do when they're babbling, but they won't say it to me. Again, rude.
I'll try to get some videos soon, but my new favorite thing is asking the girls to hug and kiss us, each other, or their animals. It's VERY sweet. They also can kind of sign "I love you." Kind of. I'll try to get a video of that as well and let you be the judge :)
Papa O is here for a surprise whirlwind visit! We're so excited to have him. He was escaping the wretched Montana weather... we should get at least one day in the high 70s while he's here! Many pictures to follow....
The girls are walking really well now; they can make it from their bedroom to the kitchen, and can stop and pick up objects and stand back up. We still have a lot of tumbles, but most of the time, they hop back up and keep going without missing a beat. It's lots and lots of fun to watch.
The girls are still refusing to say Mama. Abby is getting closer to saying Izzy, although most of the time, she (Abby) just beats on Izzy's head and says Dada, which much of the time just means "other person," but at 5:15 when Dan gets home DEFINITELY means Daddy. I think not saying Mama is just plain rude, but whatever. They CAN say it, and do when they're babbling, but they won't say it to me. Again, rude.
I'll try to get some videos soon, but my new favorite thing is asking the girls to hug and kiss us, each other, or their animals. It's VERY sweet. They also can kind of sign "I love you." Kind of. I'll try to get a video of that as well and let you be the judge :)
Papa O is here for a surprise whirlwind visit! We're so excited to have him. He was escaping the wretched Montana weather... we should get at least one day in the high 70s while he's here! Many pictures to follow....
No comments:
Post a Comment