Friday, December 10, 2010

Grapevine



We spent the past week in Grapevine, Texas, joining Dan on his FINAL requirement for his FSA, a Professionalism course. We stayed at The Great Wolf Lodge, which was just incredible! The girls had a blast at the waterpark... there was a pool that was only eighteen inches deep with little slides and "jet skis" and lots of other fun things, and that's where we spent the majority of our time. The whole experience convinced me that we are VERY ready for swimming lessons that will help the girls manage independently in the water.



My cousin Annie, her husband Andy, and their beautiful and happy son Logan live just a few miles from our hotel, and we had a blast hanging out with them! Annie and Logan joined us at the ICE! exhibit, which was amazing, but very, very, very COLD. Izzy was a much better trouper than I expected her to be!



The theme of the exhibit this year was a Charlie Brown Christmas. The girls got to walk through Snoopy's house.



They had a pretty cool set of slides made entirely of ice that the girls enjoyed once we got them started.



The Nativity scene was pretty spectacular.



The girls amazed us with their adaptability in adjusting to new sleeping arrangements and nap schedule craziness. I think they like sleeping in the same bed... we heard a lot of giggles right before they conked out every night.


1 comment:

Rhoda said...

I can't believe that I lost track of time and forgot to get things situated with you guys to hang! I'm so mad at myself that steve and i didn't get to come see you while you in grapevine!

Forgive us!