I can't believe that it's almost Christmas! The girls are looking forward to their first Christmas out of the womb. They love the Christmas tree... whenever they're in the living room, they look at it and reach and babble... and when they think we're not looking, they crawl over to touch it (and the ornaments, of course). They're very cute.
I did almost all of our shopping online... crowds aren't my favorite when I'm shopping alone, much less with two babies in a stroller... and the girls are starting to voice their displeasure when they're in the stroller for too long. Thus, naptime has become shopping time for me, which is pretty fun, all in all. As things come in, we've been letting the girls play in the boxes, which is great fun for them, and for us.
They're walking more and more confidently now, still just with their push toys and cruising along furniture, but Izzy has become skilled at lunging between adjacent-but-not-touching pieces of furniture, and Abby can actually stand for a few seconds without support... and then let herself down by bending her knees to a squat, rather than tumbling over. It's really fun to see them developing, but it is SCARY to think about two little ones running all over the house. AHHHH.
To set the scene for this video, Abby took her push toy from the play room (the front room) to the kitchen, and stopped when she caught her reflection in the fridge. I peeked at her and saw her "interacting" with the reflection, and ran to get the camera :)
They love to do things they know they're not allowed to do... like open drawers (and then pinch their fingers) and grab books off of the shelf... when I'm across the room nursing the other twin or on the phone. They crawl as fast as they can to the scene of the crime, and then watch me as they do the bad thing, usually with a grin. Sometimes a stern NO will stop them, but more often than not, they need to be removed from the enticing thing. This, I fear, is a horrible foretaste of things to come ....
The Schoobs (Chickigram, GPa, Aunt Chelle, and Aunt Casey) will arrive on Tuesday. We're really excited to see them again! We're hoping to ride the Christmas train, to take a picture by the dolphin statue in Galveston, and maybe to stop by our favorite restaurant, Gaido's for some tasty seafood and some pecan pie!
In Mommy news, I'm the proud winner of our church's first Bake Off :) We had a Texas BBQ Christmas party after church today, and the ladies were asked to help by bringing a dessert. I brought my Meema's Texas Sheetcake... and won first prize! Woo hoo! :)
1 comment:
Hey, congratulations lady! You do make the finest Sheep Cake in all the land.
Excited to see y'all in two days!
Post a Comment