Saturday, March 26, 2011

Artists


Providing the girls with a lot of "enrichment activities" has been important to Dan and I... they have a box of musical instrument toys, a box of playdough and playdough toys, more books than they can count, and Melissa and Doug toys galore. Because of my own complete and total lack of artistic talent and craftiness, I've been slacking in the arts and crafts department, but I got the girls some fingerpaints on sale at Christmas time, and finally decided to get them out. We dressed the girls in a couple of Dan's old T-shirts and sat them down at the kitchen table. The girls weren't entirely thrilled with the experience; Izzy particularly disliked having dirty fingers, but it was a moderately fun time for all of us and I'm hoping to try to be a little craftier in general, for the girls' sake!


No comments: