Saturday, December 3, 2011

Symphony


We took the girls to their first symphony in honor of the Christmas season.  It was part of the Family Series and featured a director dressed as a big ornament, a visit from Santa, and a sing-a-long.  The girls loved their fancy dresses and seemed to really enjoy the music, although Abby fell asleep for a song or two (she said she was just blinking!) and Izzy got a little antsy and sat in my lap for the last few songs.


The experience inspired me to do a little more work with the girls on music and instruments.  We have Bono's version of Peter and the Wolf and I think after Christmas, we'll dive into that "unit" in Obert preschool.  There is another family concert featuring the music from The Little Mermaid in March, so if we can get ourselves fully immersed in all things Symphony, I think they'll really appreciate it! I love, love, love that places have family-friendly events like this!



No comments: