Monday, January 7, 2008

Babies at 28 Weeks!


Our girls! Izzy is on the left, and Abby on the right.



Hurray! We're in our 28th week, which means that our viability if they're born too early is at 90%! As I've mentioned before, the girls are NOT coming before March 17, but it's really good news! Our ultrasound appointment was Thursday morning and we got LOTS of pictures, which I've annotated below. Everything looks good... the girls are both measuring right on schedule, and they are both 2 lbs 12 oz. Whoa! Almost 3 pounds each!

At the ultrasound, Abby was breech, which means her feet are kicking my bladder and her head is up on my right side. Izzy is still "superior transverse" which means that she's on top, right under my ribs, with her head next to Abby's and her feet to my left. Dr. Davenport says there's lots of time for them to flip into a good birthing position. We're just maintaining a plan of flexibility.

I have gained 30.5 pounds, which makes me feel huge, but which is good for the babies, so I'll take it. Breastfeeding two hungry girls will hopefully be a great weight loss tool later....

I had some bloodwork done on Thursday as well... the glucose screen and a Complete Blood Count. I had to drink a little bottle of a Sprite-like substance for the glucose test... not so bad. I'll probably get the results back today or tomorrow.

As you can probably see in the New Year's pics, I'm feeling a little puffy lately. Since it ebbs and flows throughout the day, I'm pretty sure it's just water; we're keeping our eye on it because too much puffy may be a sign of preeclampsia, the risk of which is higher with multiples.

The girls are moving around a lot; occasionally, they'll be quiet for longer than normal, but then I'll get a big kick in my ribs or bladder, which is a relief :) I love that they move a lot. Dan was excited to actually SEE my belly move in response to a kick.

So here are our girls:
Abby's profile
Abby's face


Izzy's profile

2 pictures of Izzy's nose and lips (looking up from her chin to her nostrils)

Izzy's face


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute. They look smart too! Almost 3 lbs each!!! Holy cow that's a lot, which is good. Thanks for putting the pictures up, I can't wait to see the little girls in person.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessie! Have Rog and I told you how much we love you lately?

Oh--we love you too Nicci!

So glad the test came out right so you can continue to eat Texas Sheep Cake, Pound Cake and donuts until your heart is content. Though I did notice on the pictures that the girls looked like they would like some fruit.
Love you bunches,
Chicki (with an i)