Many of you will recall that about six weeks after Dan and I got married, he was mugged in our apartment parking lot. We lived in a pretty nice complex... mostly graduate students and young professionals... but the "perp" had apparently (unsuccessfully) attempted to rob a liquor store down the street and was making his way elsewhere. Dan was unloading the car on a Sunday evening, and the bad guy approached him feigning small talk, but brandishing a weapon, taking his wallet, and telling him to get into the car. Luckily, Dan wisely chose "flight" and when the bad guy tried to get into the car, Dan took off across the parking lot, which prompted the bad guy to run the other way. It was very, very scary and I still thank God whenever I think about it that Dan did NOT drive away with him!
In any case, we got a letter in the mail today letting us know that the mugger plead guilty to the attempted robbery at the liquor store and was sentenced to seven years in jail. Dan feels a little sad for him, and hopes that he gets the help that he needs. I am trying to be that magnanimous and gracious, but if I'm really honest, a big part of me is glad that the sucker got caught. I'll be praying for a more gracious heart, I guess.
Anyway, I know that's not really Abby/Izzy news, but it's an Obert family update!
No comments:
Post a Comment