Well, as you can see, I'm getting more and more enormous with each passing day. The girls are still moving A LOT, which is so much fun, but it's more twists and turns than kicks as they get more and more crowded in there. This weekend has been a little stressful, because all the stretching and moving has started to get a little painful, so I'm getting more and more paranoid about preterm labor. I'm looking forward to our appointment on Thursday, so that I can see the babies and be assured that all is well! (I'll probably also call Dr. Davenport tomorrow for some reassurance!)
This is my "baby bag" for the hospital. Rica has decided that she's going with us, I think. :) Packing the bag has been hard... how can I know what I'll really want or need at the hospital? For those of you who have delivered in a hospital, what things were you SO glad you brought, and what things did you not need?Not much in the way of other news... stay posted for pictures and news on Thursday!
4 comments:
Oooh, Ricca is so cute in there. She can go to the hospital, right? I bet they would swaddle her just like the other babies. And she would be great for keeping them all warm. (Sigh) I miss Ricca just like I miss you guys.
I remember when I was expecting Jack I read all these checklists with things like magazines, DVDs, cards/games, etc. We didn't bring any of those things to the hospital, but after we brought Jack home I remembered those lists and couldn't believe those suggestions. We were so completely overwhelmed just trying to get some sleep, trying to breastfeed, changing diapers (well, that was Mike), talking with the nurses & pediatrician, visitors, and whatever else was going on with my recovery. And with twins it'll obviously be even more crazy just learning everything and the newness of it all.
I also went out and bought nightgowns, but I never wore them - I figured why not wear the hospital gowns and let them do the laundry?
You'll obviously want your camera and phone list and maybe their baby books or at least a notebook and pen. Oh, and maybe your own pillow - I remember taking that with me when I had Emma. And some snacks, especially for Dan. Oh, and make sure he has everything he needs so he doesn't need to run home for anything!
Oh, and one more thing... this didn't happen when I had Emma, but when I had Jack my feet were so huge I couldn't put my shoes on to go home, so my sister had to run to Target to get me some flip flops.
Sara's comment reminded me too, I had to have Mom and Caitlin go get me sweats, flip-flops, and a t-shirt to go home in because my old clothes were still too small and my maternity clothes weren't very comfy. Also, I remember really wanting onesies for Hailey. The hospital obviously clothes the babies, but it's nice to have something cute for them to wear home. Also, slippers.
And Sara's right, you'll be too busy for "entertainment" so don't worry about it. Oh, and bring cash in case the people who come around taking the baby pictures don't take anything else and you want to buy the pics they take.
Thanks, Sara and Jessie! I have been wondering about the suggestions to bring books and magazines...thinking, "Really? I'm going to have the time, energy, and inclination to read?" My favorite internet "to-bring" list item has been candles. Seriously? To a hospital? That CAN'T be a good idea.
Post a Comment