Monday, January 21, 2008

Names Update

We have decided to go with Abigail and Isabel, and we will call them Abby and Izzy. With Y's. Silly Schoobs and their I's.

We're still playing with middle names quite a bit... we'll probably end up having to come up with something in the hospital :)

Not much else in the way of updates... I am just getting bigger. My body is getting a little more used to carrying around the extra weight, and except when I get up at night, my back is doing a lot better. Of course, at night, I'm walking like a hunchback to the bathroom, but I know that this, too, shall pass.

Abigail is DEFINITELY still breech, as evidenced by regular stampings on my insides, and Isabel seems to have made herself very comfortable laying crosswise just below my ribs. We have a few weeks for them to move into a proper position, but given the stubbornness of their parents, we're not expecting the girls to suddenly become compliant :) I'm preparing myself for the idea of a C-section, even though I'm not thrilled about them tying down my arms or whisking my babies away after they're born. Oh well. Whatever is best for the babies is obviously best... just hard to change my expectations. I've known all along that this would be a probability, but have been hoping for "favorable positions." Oh well!

We're getting more and more excited about meeting the girls, but are content to wait until they're big and healthy :)

1 comment:

Sara Tams said...

Hi Nicci,

I'm really enjoying all the frequent posts - keep them coming! :)

Sara