Abigail- Week 32In the picture on the left, the top of her head is to the left, with her eye in the middle and her hand in front of her face, kind of poking in her eye or something.
We had our Week 32 ultrasound and check up today! All is looking well! I've been a little worried about leaking amniotic fluid, but it looks like we're perfect in terms of the amount of fluid left, which is great. My worries are probably just related to Abigail continually butting up (literally) against my bladder, and, well, you know.... gross.
The girls are weighing in perfectly... Abigail is 4 pounds 7 ounces and Isabel is 4 pounds 8 ounces. All of their measurements are also perfect for age. Hurray!
We had a "non-stress test" where they had me sit in a recliner in a darkened room and relax for a while while they monitor the babies' heartrates for about 20 minutes. We weren't getting a great read after about 40, so they did a bioprofile with another ultrasound, and everything looks perfect... the babies were either being stubborn, or they moved away from the monitors every time the nurses walked away. Silly girls.
My cervix is slightly opened toward the outside, but is completely closed on the baby side, which is good. I'll go in every week now for non-stress tests and cervix checks, just to make sure that all is well, but we're not having any signs or symptoms of preterm labor, so I'm happy, happy, happy.
Oh, and the girls are both breech now, or sort of breech/transverse. Their heads are still together, right under my left ribs, and they're basically both at a diagonal now, with Abigail's butt and legs on my bladder, as I mentioned, and Isabel's bottom half in the "lower right quadrant." Dr. D. says there's still time for them to flip, but I'm not counting on it, and I'm OK with it. She says that at Week 36, we'll talk about scheduling a C-section, but she won't schedule it until Week 39. That's probably good, but I am getting UNCOMFORTABLE!!! But I'm glad to be a healthy incubator for as long as it takes :)

3 comments:
Sounds like those little girls are very happy just hanging around, and of course they moved away from the nurses. They're not only beautiful, but smart too. Nano O
Wow, everything sounds great - and they have really good weights!!
That's over nine pounds of baby! Holy Moly! Just think, both of them are already bigger than Hannah Obert when she was born. Everything sounds like it is going great. I love looking at the difference in Abby and Izzy's noses, they are so cute. What wonderful little pictures. It also looks like Abby's laughing with her hand in front of her face. Oh, and, I'm gonna consider you Miles Davis from now on! (If you don't get it, just ask Dan, he knows all about peeing his pants...I mean Billy Madison)
Post a Comment