Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week 30 Appointment

Our appointment today went very well. Heartbeats are strong, and my cervix is still closed, which is great, since we still have 2 months to go! Abby is still breech and Izzy is still transverse. Their heads are both on my left side now, which I think means they've both switched sides in the past 2 weeks, even if they're stubbornly refusing to get into more "favorable" positions.

In two weeks, we have another ultrasound, so we'll be able to tell you precisely how big the girls are getting, and then I'll head back to my doctor's office for a non-stress test, which will measure their heartbeats over time. That will be our 32 week appointment, and from then on, I'll go in every week until we deliver.

My blood pressure is fine and I'm gaining weight at a normal rate... I'm now up 38 pounds. Good grief. I feel enormous. The lightheaded-ness may be due to poor circulation, so I'm going to try to get up more often throughout the day and do laps (slow walking laps) around the house. We'll see if it improves!

In the meantime, I've been interviewing pediatricians. I asked all the moms that I knew in the area to give me recommendations, and coupling those with the proximity of the offices to our house, narrowed it down to three. I've been really impressed with the two that I've seen so far, and I have one more tomorrow. I'll be happy with whatever choice I make, which is, I think, a really great position. Plus, the "new mom appointments," which is the official name for the interviews, come with free gift bags... of formula and literature and things, but still, fun free stuff!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any name spelling update???

Anonymous said...

There does not need to be any updates the maternal grandparents have spoken SO IT IS. ABBI AND IZZI. G-PA S

Anonymous said...

Roger and Betty, I love and miss you both too! I'll be writing soon. Wow Nicci,you are so much more thorough than I was. I am impressed!

salves said...

Not to worry. Both of my children were breech. Two safe deliveries, two healthy babies. Also, they switched positions from breech to normal to breech in about a week's time. So your two still have plenty of time to figure it out. Just don't lay upside down on an angled ironing board. A safer recommendation is to play music through headphones on the lower part of your belly.