Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Busy Week!

A lot happened this week! Sorry for the lack of posts... one of the things that happened was that I got a fever, ergo, the dearth of blog posts. Being sick is a lot harder these days... I can't just "call in sick!" So... other things fell by the wayside, like the state of the living room...


Don't blame Dan... I'm pretty sure this happened over the course of the day while he was at work! :)

Also exciting this week... Abby started to REALLY talk! Izzy can't even get a word in edgewise!



ALSO, the patio was finally finished up on Tuesday! It looks really good... there are a few imperfections that I'm going to try to get ironed out, but overall, we think it looks pretty great!


ALSO, we got our minivan!!!!!!!!! We brought it home on Monday! It's a 2004 Toyota Sienna, with a remote control power sliding door!!! Woo hoo! The back seat folds into the floor, and the bucket seats in the middle have the LATCH system, which makes the car seat installation a snap. The previous owners were a very sweet Scottish family who are moving to Australia at the end of the month, and they took VERY good care of the van. We are SO excited! BUT, because I've been so sick, I haven't even had the chance to drive it, if you can believe that! So more pictures soon.

ALSO, I officially resigned from my job, so I'm now a full-time stay-at-home-mom! I really thought that it might be possible to continue to work part time, but I think I'd need a few more hours in every day to make that work, and the girls aren't even mobile yet! SO... I'm going to enjoy this time like crazy, clip lots of coupons, and have do-it-yourself pedicures for the next few years :)




In baby news, both girls are starting to grasp things purposefully now, which is right on target, developmentally. They're learning things so quickly and love new stimuli! I've been taking them out on the porch in their bouncy seats, and they just coo and ahh for long stretches of time! The bouncy seats have an activity bar attachment that plays rainforest sounds when the baby kicks or grabs the hanging bird/monkey toys. When they're outside, I take off the activity bar, but we realized tonight that Abby reaches and kicks when the birds stop chirping outside... we think she's trying to get them started again!



Tummy time isn't quite as dreadful as it had been of late... as long as we place something VERY interesting in front of them!

Just 13 more days until Chicki and Gpa arrive for July! The girls can hardly wait! Aunt Chelle is coming for the 4th of July... we wonder if the Houston heat and humidity will interrupt her marathon training...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Nicci, it's no wonder you caught a fever, you're just plain worn out. Not quite fair when you have a mini van to try out though.

The patio looks great and the girls are growing and advancing so quickly. I wish Nana got to see them in 13 days!

Love to all, Nana

Jeane said...

Wow... what a busy week!

The video of the girls is so cute and I LOVE how they are trying to hold hands (or at least it looks like they are trying ;)).

The patio looks really nice!

I'm happy for you that you found a mini van! We love ours and just couldn't live without it anymore ;)

Jeane

Anonymous said...

i miss me dose babies! come visit why dont ya?

chellebird said...

Think I can manage eight miles out there on that Saturday? Urgh.

It does look like the girls are trying to hold hands! So cute.

chellebird said...

Also, I can only find one baby in that crazy living room picture. I'm quite convinced at this point that Abby is in the laundry basket. Oh dear. :)

Nicci Obert said...

There ARE two babies in the picture... you just have to look carefully! It's like Where's Waldo :)

Anonymous said...

i found them! favorite aunt casey has eyes like a hawk!

Anonymous said...

I've been staring at the picture for about 5 minutes now and I just can't find the 2nd baby...

Anonymous said...

If we're going to have to play where;s Waldo to see the babies. then at least put striped beaniea on their heads. I did find Abby, you can't fool GPA.

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I just found her ;)

Anonymous said...

Originally, Abby was in the laundry basket, but we moved her for the picture.

chellebird said...

I found her! Whew.

Had to get the picture really big on my swanky work monitor. But I found 'er.