Monday, June 9, 2008

More visitors!


Nicole, Riley, Barbie, and Monte with the girls!

We had some visitors from Montana on Friday! Monte (Dan's uncle) and Barbie came down with their crew (their daughter Riley and Barbie's two little sisters). Barbie is from Katy, which is a Houston suburb on the other side of the city, and her sister's daughter was getting baptized. They came over to our side of the city on Friday for lunch and to see Galveston... it was SO great to see them! I can't believe how big Riley is getting... last time I saw her, she was about the size of the twins! Seeing them and hearing news from Montana made us excited to get up there sometime soon... we're working on a plan, but haven't decided anything for certain yet. We'll keep everyone updated!

This weekend was fairly non-eventful. We bought a chest freezer on Saturday, which was delivered this morning. Our top-of-the-fridge-freezer was overflowing with breast milk and, yes, I'll admit it, ice cream and frozen meals. We decided that a chest freezer would be a good investment because we can stock up on things when they're inexpensive, AND actually have a freezer that doesn't rain bags of milk on you whenever it's opened :) My dad is going to help us install an outlet in the utility closet when he gets here (and by "help," I mean that he's going to do it while we watch). It's all very exciting.

Also, we're getting a patio installed within the next two weeks! It's Dan's Father's Day present, and it comes with a grill! (The present does, in that he gets to pick one out once we have a place to put it... the contractors aren't throwing it in or anything, although that would be nice!) I'll take some before and after pictures. I'm really looking forward to having a place to play with the girls. Right now, we just have the 10x10 concrete slab that seems to come standard with most new construction. We're expanding it, and I'll feel better about putting their swings and/or a playpen out there sometimes. Always, of course, using sunscreen and/or an umbrella :)

We're still seeking a minivan. It's hard to find exactly what we're looking for in a used vehicle, but since we're not on a time crunch, we're doing OK. We would like to have it before Chickigram and GPa come down in July, however, and that is sneaking up on us pretty quickly!!!

No comments: