When I posted last week, I truly thought I was getting better! I'd gotten an antibiotic Tuesday afternoon, felt better all through Wednesday, but then a few hours into the night, I awoke with the fever-chills and could NOT get warm, nor could I get to sleep. At some point in the night, the chills turned to profuse sweating (gross!), so much that I literally had to change my T-shirt because the one I was wearing was too damp (GROSS!!!). I was so weak by morning that I had to ask Dan to stay home. I went in to the doctor (Dan drove... I FINALLY got to drive the van over the weekend), who confirmed that I had an infected milk duct, and told me to switch from Tylenol to Motrin and to just wait it out. Ugh!!!
All in all, I have been SOOO lucky with the whole art of breastfeeding... I've had no pain, no "latching issues," none of the problems that I read about in the early days of motherhood. This infection made up for ALL of my good fortune! Pain, pain, pain! Thankfully, it just lasted for about a week. I'm on the mend now, just finishing up the antibiotics. But WHOA, that was bad. Chickigram and GPa keep telling me that it's a sign that I need to move closer to them.... no chance of that, but they're trying!
Our patio has been wonderful. We got some patio furniture (on sale!) on Sunday, and have been enjoying it immensely! (Don't worry... I am only inches away from Abby, and she is in no danger of cracking her head on the patio!)
We had Sybil, Ted, and Nathaniel over for some evening-on-the-patio fun. Here we are, each of us burping a baby!
Abby is learning already to be a Pepsi girl. It is SO fun to watch her make deliberate movements these days!
Oh, and in other big news, we've graduated from the swaddle! The girls are sleeping in pajamas now. They are loving the ability to sprawl out, and we are loving the fact that they are still sleeping until 7:30 every morning!







4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your infection but I'm glad to hear you are feeling better now. Luckily, I never had it and can't even imagine how it must feel!
Wow... your patio looks great with that nice furniture.
Those two girls are just way too cute!
Jeane
Dan! she is not looking for a beating! she just wants some pepsi. thats it im taking that baby away chicki said i could
Dude, is Abby wearing socks that look like maryjanes? I want a pair of those!
They ARE Mary Jane socks... and we have a rainbow of them! They're so fun, and so cute!
Post a Comment