Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fun with Learning

It's so fun to watch the girls learn! Abby was transfixed by the toy octopus on the activity gym for almost 35 minutes yesterday! Whoa! She grabbed an orange ring that he's holding in one of his arms, and while I think the initial "grab on" was an accident, she definitely figured out that when she moved her arm, she got a "reaction" from the octopus. Amazing!



We got a jumperoo (from craigslist.com) on Monday, and Izzy really enjoys it in small doses. Neither of the girls has really figured out the jumping actions, but Izzy does like kicking her legs. I think she likes having the ability to sit up and look around.



I'm trying to give the girls "sister time" to look at each other in the Bumbos each day. Occasionally one will notice the other, but most of the time, they end up looking back at me. We had them interacting on Sunday morning, smiling at each other and cooing. I think that's the first time I've noticed them notice one another, despite being about 8 inches apart most of the time :)



Izzy has discovered her thumb. She gets very frustrated when she can't find it. That's another fun learning thing... it's clear that she knows that it's around here somewhere, but getting it into her mouth is a challenge for her... she knows that she prefers it to eating her whole hand, but sometimes that's good second best :) I'm trying to decide whether to try to steer her away from doing it now and get back to the pacifier, or whether it's better to let her learn about it to foster knowledge about her self and surroundings, and then have to break her of the habit later. Any suggestions?

No comments: