Friday, October 24, 2008

Sick Babies



l

The girls continue to move, making things more and more crazy for me at home! They LOVE Things That Are Not Toys, especially diapers and electric cords. And Rica's tail. Silly babies. They are so much fun to watch, though! They have such joy at almost all times, and while they aren't happy when I take away the fruit of their conquests, they are easily appeased with more age-appropriate playthings.



The girls were delightful yesterday, in honor of our anniversary... four years! So much has happened since our wedding... we moved to Galveston, bought a house and moved again to League City, and now we're raising the babies! We are more in love than ever, and count ourselves infinitely blessed to be living our lives together!



Here, Izzy proclaims the sweetest words a mom can hear... :)

Izzy woke up without her smile today :( The girls have both been fighting their colds valiantly, and have really just been happy babies with runny noses, but today, Izzy was obviously sick, so we got in to see the doctor and sure enough, she has an ear infection. This is pretty common in babies with colds because the tubes connecting the ears with the sinuses are slanted towards the ears in infants, which makes a good breeding ground for bacteria. Boo. I brought her home, gave her a dose of antibiotics and some Motrin before feeding her and putting her down for a nap, and she woke up with the giggles, so I am MUCH relieved. It is AWFUL to have a sad sick baby... the happy snots are gross, but no big deal... sad sickness just breaks my heart! Hopefully the medicine will keep her in good spirits until the infection is all gone :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love reading your blog. It always make me happy. I can not believe that she said momma. = ) That is so awesome.