Chickigram and GPa are coming today! Chickigram is staying through the weekend, but has to work on Monday :( GPa gets to stay a whole week! Hurray!
Sorry for the lack of pictures. We've had a busy week of landscaping, trying to make our backyard pretty again, without the big tree. I've also been trying to figure out how to deal with our compost pile (aka, the mosh pit). It hasn't been staying wet enough (strange, dry summer here in Houston), so it hasn't been decomposing quite the way that we hoped. In any event, I have been spreading some of the humus on the flower beds, but it is HARD work.
The girls are usually big fans of being outside, and we've set up their playpen on the patio under the umbrella, but Abby gets pretty mad when I get out of sight for even a second. Fun with separation anxiety, I guess.
Dan got to work from home yesterday. They don't have enough computers at the temporary office, so he got set up to do the things he needed to get done from here. Pretty cool! He's back in the office today, however, and they're planning to have everyone back in the Galveston office by Monday! Wow! I still haven't been back down to the island... my friends that have been talk about the piles of debris everywhere, but those are getting cleared out pretty quickly, and the power has been restored to most of the East End, so I guess there really isn't much of a reason to keep the building closed. Crazy. I'm a little concerned because the hospital is still not up and running, and that's a lot of people to add to the island with the potential of getting sick or hurt. But that's probably just my own silly worries...
Anyway, more pictures to come!
2 comments:
I hope you guys have a great time.
That's great that Dan was working from home. We all love it when Joe works from home (especially Laney) but the next day are always so hard when he is back at work. If it would be up to Laney Joe wouldn't be at work at all ;-)
Jeane
oops... just saw that i was logged in into joe's account.
jeane
Post a Comment