Monday, March 31, 2008

Aunt Chelle is here and the Weekend Wrap Up



Aunt Chelle is here! The girls are having a great time getting to know Mom's middle sister, who is taking a week off from her busy job as an editor at Chicago Review Press in, you guessed it, Chicago. Chelle is having a hard time balancing her time between the girls and an insistent-on-attention Rica. :)






The girls are growing too quickly, in my opinion. Dan and I pledged to enjoy every moment and every stage with these girls, but even so, things seem to be going so quickly! The girls are now officially out of their preemie diapers, although they still fit in their preemie clothes (and are not quite filling out their newborns). It was a sad milestone for Mom (and also a fairly messy one!). They are also now using two bouncers (thank you Morrises and the San Antonio fan club :)!). They still look cute in pictures in one, but they're getting too strong for us to feel comfortable leaving them in there. Their movements aren't exactly coordinated, but they flail around with enough force to move themselves quite a bit. The books all say that the girls won't be able to coordinate their movement to grab things for a while, but Izzy sure seems captivated when we put the activity bars on there. It's SO much fun just to watch them!

I had my follow up appointment with Dr. D. on Friday. Everything looks great, and I brought pictures for her to look at with her staff. I'm a little sad because now I won't have as many appointments, and I'm going to miss her! She is, without question, the best doctor I've ever had. This pregnancy was really, really stressful at the beginning, and she was SO patient with me and willing to see me whenever I started to panic... so now I feel like I'm losing a friend because I'll just see her once a year, barring any unforeseen future pregnancies! :) (Anyone in Galveston County who doesn't have a great OB/Gyn, please let me know, and I'll give you Dr. D's contact info... you'll love her.)

The girls had their first photo shoot at Babies R Us. They did a fantastic job... it took quite a while, but the pictures were precious. Now for some frames... I don't know the rules about copyrighted images so I'm going to do some digging on that before I put copies up on the blog. Does anyone know about this?

The girls had their second trip out to church. I'm not sure when I'll start to be brave enough to leave them in the nursery. I know they'll be in great hands... I volunteered back there before I got pregnant, and I know they do a fantastic job, but I'm worried that I'll just panic if they're not with me :) They're still quiet during the service, so I suppose once they start making noise, the decision will be made for us :).


When Casey and Papa O were here, we had an afternoon of gardening in which I took a hacksaw to the dead leaves on the banana trees. I was worried that I got a little carried away, because only stumps remained after my efforts, but apparently, my worries were unfounded, because now, 2 weeks later, the trees seem to be recuperating nicely. We're still always amazed by how quickly things grow here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man those babies and bananna trees are both gettting so big...guess everything is bigger in texas

ps i looooved the picture you sent!