Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Odds and Ends

This post will just be pictures of odds and ends from Izzy and Abby's first week of life!



On the ride home from the hospital.

This is one of the only outfits that truly fits at the moment! My friend Courtney's mom was a twin, and she and Courtney got us preemie outfits for our shower... they fit perfectly, and are so, so precious! We've had lots of people asking if the girls are identical, and if we have any trouble keeping them apart. The girls are fraternal... in the womb, they had their own sacs and placentas, which made it a much healthier pregnancy than it would have been if they'd been sharing either or both. Upon arrival in the world, the girls have been displaying VERY different personalities, and they are also pretty different in appearance once you get to know them!



Abby is on the left, Izzy on the right.



In this one, Izzy is on the left, Abby on the right.




Abby, chilling after nursing.




As I've mentioned before, we've been really blessed by our Life Group. Since we got home, they've been bringing us meals, which has been so great... one less thing to think about, when all we WANT to think about is loving on our daughters! This is our pastor, Steven, who stopped by with his wife Maya and their daughters and left us some delicious chicken enchiladas.



Our first walk outside! It was really nice this afternoon when Dan got home from work, so we took the girls for their first stroller ride!



Abby on the left (right side up) and Izzy on the right (upside down). Two of the teens from our church made us these "I heart Mommy and Daddy" fleece blankets and they have been PERFECT for laying the girls on, on the couch, on the floor, pretty much wherever! A BIG thank you to Julia and Alex!



Here's Dad with Abby (left) and Izzy (right), chilling in their Rainforest Bouncer.



Sweet Isabel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tessa is sitting on my lap this evening as I check out the new pictures. She reached out for the computer screen and said, "I love those babies.", "Abby and Iggy (not IZZy)... I want one of those babies", "I want to tickle their toes (her favorite way to entertain real babies)" and "Mommy, can you get me one of those babies. I want one so I can brush her hair". It was adorable...and prompted the reminder that we were waiting for her brothers or sisters from Ethiopia and NOT any more from Mommy's belly and a quick trip to the playroom with her brother to find her Cabbage Patch Kid. We're glad to see all is well!

Anonymous said...

Happy One-Week Anniversary to Abby and Izzy. They are soo soo cute. I want to hold them NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicci,

Thanks so much for the pictures! You must be an incredibley organized mom! Very impressive!

It looks as though all of you are adjusting well. Keep up the good work! Remember - sleep when the girls sleep! And enjoy!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those doll babies are so cute I can hardly stand it. Thank you so much for finding time in your busy schedule to keep us updated with pictures. This Nana wants to hold them so bad it hurts. I want to be there NOW!! You guys look great, and very happy. Obviously parenting agrees with you (as if there were any doubt). Much love to all. Nana O

Anonymous said...

Gpa-S says
'eat your hearts out everyone' - on Sunday I will be introducing the girls to the sounds of NASCAR while the parents nap. I'm sure they will love the young guns while I cheer for old guys like Jeff Gordon.
I've heard rumors that one can be as difficult as her mother and the other is as complient as her aunts (just kidding Nic)-everyone knows they will both be angels in grandpa's arms.

Anonymous said...

Dan and Nicci,

I love coming to your blog and checking out the new pictures everyday. The girls are so adorable. Congratulations on a safe delivery.

Can't wait to see them!
Stephany

Anonymous said...

Hey, guys. I've been keeping up on your progress and rejoicing that those two girls are so PERFECT! Congratulations. They're just beautiful. Well done to you both.

I called out to the kids the other day, "Look, Nicci had her baby girls!" They started to come over to the computer to look at the pictures, and Ethan stopped halfway and said, "Wait. Are they hairless?" I was, like, huh? Then I remembered how traumatized he had been by the pictures of your cat, and I just cracked up. Needless to say, he was relieved to see that they both take after their lovely momma, not the bald feline. :)

Love you,
Mindy