The ladies had their first sponge bath at home on Monday. It is NOT their favorite thing to do!
Isabel was first up... she started screaming as soon as the wet washrag hit her head... and we DID make sure we were in a warm room, using warm (but not hot) water!
All in all, it was a successful endeavor. It made the babies tired, which was great for the first part of the evening.
As far as sleeping goes, the adults in the household don't get much these days :) We have a bassinette set up in our room, and the girls aren't big fans. They are good about getting hungry every three hours, but not great about actually eating... they fall asleep as soon as their food becomes accessible. BUT, nursing is really working well for us overall... I've heard a lot of horror stories, and I think we have been REALLY blessed as far as the whole process goes! The girls are happier now that my milk has come in, and I think we're off to a great start!
Mom and Dad have determined that we are BIG suckers... we hold the girls almost as soon as they start crying, which the books say is fine, since at this point, they're not really great at learning "lessons." It's just hard in general. Dan is home for the next two days, so at least he doesn't have to work on less than ideal amounts of sleep :)



2 comments:
You know, I love books, and they can give some great advice. But they can never know your exact relationship with your child or your feelings about them. Hold them when you feel you need to, because you will know exactly when that is. Sometimes, even now after Hailey is going to bed on her own, I will still hold her until and long after she has fallen asleep, maybe more for my sake than hers.
Oh, by the way, Abby and Izzy are so cute when they cry. I hope they do that for Dan a lot.
Post a Comment