We're getting a minivan today!!!
OK... we're just renting it, but I am SO excited. I have wanted a minivan for forever, mostly because I think the idea of Stow'n'Go seating is something of a genius idea that should be implemented EVERYWHERE... think of how great it would be for entertaining if you could flip down your furniture and make a dance floor in your living room! I'm not sure our rental will even HAVE stow'n'go, but I'm excited nonetheless.
We're going to the zoo today, and in order to fit 3 carseats and 3 adults in one car, we're having to upgrade :) So I'm picking it up this morning, Dan's taking a half-day, and we're on our way! We're also meeting Brandon and Taryn there, so we'll hopefully get to hear tales of little Devin, who was born on 4/4!
SO... who has/has had a minivan? What are features that are awesome/not-so-great? What models are good/not good? I'm starting a research phase for Project Minivan. After that, Phase II is convincing Dan it's a necessity :)
Seriously, we're fine with the Neon for now, but eventually, we know we'll need something bigger, so any and all comments about what works for y'all :) will be appreciated!
Off to the rental place!!!
3 comments:
We've been mocked by some anti-van friends for having one, but we LOVE it.
The space is SO nice to have.
We have a Montana, which has been really reliable. Middle bucket seats are nice. It's also nice to have a separatable bench in the back (so you can put half the bench down for storage) I think double sliding doors are pretty standard now, and are a must! :0)
Anyway, there's An's van advice for ya. And always ignore people that give you "soccer mom" type status by owning a van. Neither of our kids are even old enough to play soccer!
We got a minvian right before Olivia was born. With that big double stroller, we really needed a bigger car, since the stroller would fill the entire room in the trunk of our Hyundai. We LOVE our van (we have the dodge sport grand caravan) and it makes trips so much more fun. The girls each have their own bucket seat and the 3rd row is a bench. When we go on trips we just take the 3rd row out and have SOOOOOO much room for stroller, bassinet, play pen, high chair and luggage (it's amazing how much you have to pack for a weekend trip ;)).
What I also like is that I don't have to bend down when I'm putting the girls in their seats (much better for our backs :)) since the van is higher than a normal car.
We also got some comments about being a "soccer mom" and Joe not being male enough because he is driving a van, but who cares ;)
Jeane
I don't own a minivan, but I just got the priviledge of riding in the one Nicci was driving and I have two things to say...
1. The minivan was great just by itself, but...
2. It was even better when Nicci, driving and concerned about clearance entering the airport parking lot, stopped in front of the ramp making Dan think she was afraid of it.
You two are hilarious, the girls are gonna have fun raising you. Anyway, Dan, just buy the van. You could be Dan the van man.
I had such a wonderful time at the Obert house this week. I absolutely love my little girls, how could you not, and I miss them and Dan and Nicci very much already. And midway home on the plane, Hailey put her hands up and said, "Where babies?"
I miss you too Casey! You need to skip school and come to Montana!
Post a Comment