Sunday, April 27, 2008

Nana and Auntie Caitlin!



We have been having an incredibly fun week with Nana O and Aunt Caitlin!



The girls are interacting more and more every day, and Nana and Caitlin are experts at eliciting smiles from the girls. Nana has also been eliciting smiles from Nicci and Dan with her hopscotch treats and magic mint brownies. MMM. Thank goodness for the nursing weight loss system!



The girls are getting stronger and are able to stay sitting up (with help) and are holding their heads up for longer and longer stretches of time. Night feedings are back down to one at about 2 and another at 6, which is pretty easy on Mom.



Abby (left) and Izzy (right) taking their first "official" naps in their cribs.

We've started experimenting with naptime during the day... if I can get the same amount of success during the day that I've had at night, I think I'll be able to feel a lot more at peace. We have our 2-month pediatrician's appointment tomorrow, so my plan is to ask whether it's OK to start conforming the girls to my schedule, or whether I need to keep feeding on demand... if the girls are still in the lower growth percentiles, I may have to wait on the schedule, which is fine, but a real naptime will be very, very welcome!


The girls will get their first round of vaccines tomorrow, which is going to be hard for Mom! I wish they could come out with oral vaccines, or vaccine lotions or something that won't hurt the girls, but alas. Hopefully it won't make them too cranky.

No comments: