Sunday, April 13, 2008

Zoo recap and worries about being on our own ...

We had a really great time at the zoo on Friday! The minivan was great... it DID have stow'n'go! I amused everyone by insisting that it drove "like a dream," and we all fit nicely. I've been hearing that the big "pro" for minivans is that it saves moms' backs, and have been kind of pshawing that, since my girls are so little now, but when I realized that they might be in their infant seats until 20 pounds, I realized that WOW, it's going to be hard to get the baby in the middle out of there! Yikes! Remember to comment on the minivan post if you have thoughts or suggestions about minivans!

Izzy's favorite animal was this orangutan.



Hailey and Taryn had a really fun time together. Taryn enjoyed practicing her big sister skills when Hailey wandered a little too far with her stroller... she's explaining that Hailey really needs to come back where the adults were standing :) The adults were all very amused. :)




Uncle Dan and Hailey.







We said a sad goodbye to Jessie and Hailey on Saturday :( We had a lot of fun, and I was VERY grateful for all of the help that Jessie provided! Hailey was so sweet with the girls, and it was fun to get a peek at the future 2 years from now!

Cousins!



We're officially on our own until Nana O comes to visit in a couple of weeks. I know that it will be fine, but I'm a little nervous about next week... it'll be the first time that I'll be completely by myself all day, and I know that I'll start to stress a little (a lot!!) when I'm feeding one baby and the other is crying... and there isn't anyone there to comfort the crying daughter!



The girls in their Boppy. I think Izzy is telling Abby a secret.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Orang wearing a Hawaiian shirt?? I'll bet the Taryan-Haylie show was a HOOT.
GPA S

Anonymous said...

Do they really dress the animals at the Houston Zoo? Weeeiiirrrdd.
Chickigram

Nicci Obert said...

The Orangutan was wearing a big square scarf (kerchief? bandana?). I'm not sure how he got it (maybe he stole it from one of his handlers?), but he had it draped over his shoulders, and when he dislodged it to scratch an itch, he put it right back in place. Hilarious.