Wednesday, April 23, 2008
A rough start to the week...
The girls have had a bit of a rough week so far. They had a hard time sleeping well for Dad over the weekend (Dan takes a nighttime feeding when he doesn't have to get up for work). We think that it might be an issue of the bottles waking them up or something, so we may just switch to Dad taking over a daytime feeding and letting Mom take a nap... if they get up more than once, it doesn't help me much anyway, since we don't have enough bottles for Dad to do it all.
Last night, we were up and fretting over Abigail, who is a VERY loud breather. She doesn't really seem congested, but there's a lot of something going on with her breathing, and it got a lot louder last night. The nurse suggested that we get a humidifier (in HOUSTON!) for the nursery, and/or prop up her crib mattress a little, since holding her (upright) seems to help quite a bit (i.e., she's not so noisy when she sleeps in her bouncy seat). She doesn't have a fever or any other symptoms, so if any show up, or the breathing gets worse, then we'll have to take her in. We're going in for their 2-month Well Baby exam (and shots! Yikes!) on Monday, so hopefully she'll have improved by then.
The girls may be going through a growth spurt, because they're eating every 2 hours or more during the day... and eating well. It also might be that when they sleep more at night they're making up their nutritional needs during the day. I'm happy to make that adjustment, but it means that I have even less time during the day to do anything, which is hard.
Nana O and Aunt Caitlin are coming tomorrow! The girls are VERY excited, as are Dan and I. It was nice to see how things work on our own, but it will also be wonderful to have someone to comfort the non-nursing twin and to let her know that it'll be her turn soon! Plus, we are really excited to get to visit!


3 comments:
The problem is that Abby knows that Dan wants to go back to sleep and she wants to impress him that she is more important. She inherited that behavior from an expert. But then there was only one Nicci to get back to sleep in the middle of the night. I'm sure that having Nana O and Aunt Caitlin around will give everyone a break. I wish I was there to take a turn. Gpa S
Your baby girls are beautiful. Got your blog address from Gpa John. Saw your birth announcment at Judys. You must of ran out before you got to Z. Tell Nana O hi for me and to have wonderful time with her new little grandbabies. Let me know what size the girls will be wearing this summer via Nana O. Love Jane Z
Wow! I haven't checked the blog in a while and there is so much to catch up on. First, I MISS MY GIRLS! They are growing up so fast. Izzy's smile is adorable; however, that obnoxious sound Dan is making is not quite as endearing. JK Dan!
The power twins salute seems to be coming along nicely. Good work girls.
To comment on previous posts...Taryn looks like she is a great big sis, very attentive (and cute). And Devin is just as cute as a button too. I love the olive skin tone. I can actually see a little more of Brandon in Devin's face than I did the first time I met her.
I am thoroughly jealous of Nana O and Aunt Caitlin, but I know they will take good care of everyone. Love you all and miss you so much.
Post a Comment