Sunday, April 20, 2008

A real smile!




"The books" all say that around two months, babies start to respond to smiles and laughter with smiles and laughter, so Dan and I have been being REALLY silly with them and have been witnessing what we've thought were mini-smiles here and there, but this is the real deal, as demonstrated by Izzy this afternoon! She is so funny!

They've been a lot more observant lately. Izzy tracked Dan walk in front of her to get her sister a binky, and then back. It's so fun!

In other news... I did demonstrate bravery this morning and left the girls in the church nursery. The ladies were SO excited to have them back there, and I was really relieved to note that they've separated the baby room out so that the little ones are in there only with other little ones... once babies can walk, they move to the next room up, so we didn't need to worry about anyone toppling over on the girls. AND, when we went back to pick them up after the service, we were amused to see that our girls were the only ones in their room, with four adults :) It was really good for us to get to participate in the service without fumbling to re-plug a chattering baby or to be embarrassed about them tooting, although I did think about them a lot! This milestone was more a Mommy milestone than a baby one, but a milestone nonetheless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

even though you can't see it, I'm pretty sure that Izzy has a Schoob chin in this movie...poor baby