Monday, April 28, 2008

Two month exam



Today was a big day for the girls! Mom had a doctor's appointment this morning, so the girls had a fun morning playing with Nana and Auntie Caitlin. The votes are in, and it seems that Caitlin has secured the title of "favorite aunt," as evidenced by the number of smiles and giggles that she's gotten from the girls over the past week! They are completely enamored! (I know, I know... the other aunts were at a disadvantage, since the girls were too young to have interactive smiles, but sometimes, those are the breaks!)

The girls are rocketing up the growth charts. Abby is now 10 lbs, 12 oz and 21 1/2 inches, and Izzy is 10 lbs, 9 oz and 22 1/4 inches. They're in the 47th and 49th percentiles for weight, and in the 40's somewhere for height. Hurray! They're also meeting their developmental milestones nicely. The doctor gave us the go-ahead to go swimming in either pools or the Gulf, and to start working on a nap schedule (i.e., modifying the feed-on-demand schedule to be more Mommy friendly).

The sad part of the appointment was the shots. The rotavirus vaccine is oral, which the girls seemed to think was pretty tasty, but the rest of them were injections in their legs, and they let out some healthy yells to let us know that they were indeed being injected. Nana very graciously helped hold Izzy, and I welled up when she started screaming, but held it together long enough to comfort Abby. It was very stressful all around.



The girls got some pretty purple bandaids as badges of honor, and they're pretty fussy, but seem to be doing all right. They're not eating with their normal gusto, and they've been sleeping a lot all afternoon... hopefully that doesn't bode too terribly for tonight! I gave them each a nice relaxing bath, and Nana and Caitlin are giving them a bedtime bottle now, and I'm not hearing any sad sounds from the living room, so all must be well.



Favorite Aunt Caitlin, comforting Abby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm seems like chelle just took the favorite sister spot for not telling lies =P

Nicci Obert said...

Wow! I figured my incendiary assertions about favorites would have elicited more comments than this by now! :) The girls do love their Aunt Caitlin, but they let me know this morning that they're going to try to remain neutral in showing their love to our siblings :)

Anonymous said...

The other sibs know it the comment was just the rambleings of a overtired post-partem mom and dot the true feelings of the TWINS who love ALL their aunts, uncles and especially their grandparents EQULLY.
GPA S

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I just kissed those sweeties this morning and am now back in Montana so far away from them. They are so wonderfully cuddly! I miss them horribly already.

Just a note about how impressed I am with the twins parents. Yes Dan, you've always impressed your Mom but I'm really struck with what naturals you two are with this parenting thing. Nicci, you are Super Mom for being able to nurse twins. Although I'm sure the girls will tell you there is no one quite like Nana, or Papa, or Gpa, or Chickigram to dote on them (see Roger, keeping with the neutrality issue)I'm thrilled that my three beautiful granddaughters have such great parents.

Love to all, Nana

Mary said...

Here's a trick that worked for me with both kids when it came to shots. Gave them some Tylenol before their appointments and nursed them DURING their shots. The nurse never minded and I swear, Matthew never even realized he was getting a shot, he was too busy eating. HTH for the next round.

Anonymous said...

gpa says that the girls are wearing age 3-6 month outfits now, im expecting a picture of them in their outfits that favorite aunt casey bought them soon =)